Chromatic Typewriter Prints
Tyree Callahan has recycled (or upcycled, perhaps) a classic 1937 Underwood typewriter by replacing letters with sponges soaked across the spectrum with bright yellows, reds, blues and combinations thereof.
In love with this.
We just learned about another awesome artist who makes things that look like other things. Brett Kern is an artist and teacher based in Elkins, West Virginia who created a wonderful series of ceramic sculptures that look exactly like inflatable dinosaurs, astronauts, and balloons.
Visit Brett Kern’s website to view more of his bright and playful artwork.
Anonymous asked: Can you or shuttersmiley please tell me why there is no such thing as racism against white people?
I have some questions for you, actually.
- Deaf Black man is stabbed out of racism when his sign language is mistaken for a gang sign
- Anti-Islam posters run free on the train to reinforce racism anti-Islamic sentiments and Islamaphobia
- Oops! Chicago police raids the wrong house, holds an 11 month old at gunpoint to raise their hand, kills their dog all because of racism and assuming it was a crackhouse! Oopsies
- Let’s take it overseas! Black people in England and Wales are 7 times more likely to be stopped by police than white people. Asian people are twice as likely
- People assuming Native american baby names are actually Native and have any meaning to any ethnic group when they don’t
- Here’s a whole collection of people saying racist stereotyping homogenizing disgusting stuff about Natives
- People protesting (Idle No More) defending Native people’s humanity are attacked with violence
- White kids think it’s totally okay and normal to photograph themselves lynching a Black baby doll like an effigy
- Member of the most glorified band in the world Paul McCartney made a racist white supremacist song called ‘No Pakistanis’ and everyone still glorifies him as a good person
- Racism in actual political campaign in Massachusetts against a Native runner portraying her name and image in a racist stereotypical inappropriate manner
- Indian Sikh school students protest for students who are banned from wearing their turbans in public schools in France
- Here’s a graph of the statistic that approx every 28 hours an African American is extrajudicially executed in the US
- NYPD profiling and targeting LGBT*Q People of Color
- Black students (especially boys and children with disabilities) face more and harsher punishments in public schools and are being pushed out of schools into the criminal justice system.
- Black male incarceration has jumped 500% from 1986 to 2004
- Albany police: SWAT literally uses a poor Black neighborhood to train in because they say it’s ‘realistic’
- The audio recording from a young man of color of a NYPD stop and frisking him based solely how he looks calling him a “FUCKING MUTT”
- Incarceration rates by ethnicity
- All of this fucking cultural appropriation
Whoa, it does not stop
- Her Innocent Brother Was Made Into a Bombing Suspec because of racism: Sunil Tripathi’s Sister Speaks
- Wall Street Journal refers to a Chinese athlete as being “fueled with rice” even though they don’t title articles like that for white athletes
- Black Woman Pretends To Be White And Job Offers Skyrocket
- African-American man says NYPD made him rap before freeing him
- Woman Says She Called 911 for an Ambulance for Her Fiancé, Cops Came and Shot Him Instead
- A Black man holding a wallet is more likely to be shot by the police than a White man holding a gun.
- ESPN makes a racist mockery of Native americans on national TV on purpose. I don’t see any consequences for their actions
- Students of color At University of Texas Attacked By An Epidemic Of ‘Bleach Bombs’
- Racism Linked to Adult-Onset Asthma in Black Women
- Black firefighter waves to white police man and is handcuffed and on the ground
- Most of Onondaga County is disputed land, which legally belongs to the Onondaga Nation. It has been held illegally by New York State for hundreds of years, despite the Treaty of Fort Stanwix which means that the Onondaga Nation is the legal owner. Racists respond with “they didn’t work for this land it’s mine” illogically
- Disparities in the workforce exist as Black women and Latino men work more than white women and white men but the racial wage gap still exists
- Oakland: Study finds racial bias in boys’ arrests targeting guess who? Black young men, of course!
- How is it that 58% of prisoners are Black and Latino if 70% of crime committed here is done by white people?
- Forty Percent of White Americans Are Lying About Their ‘Black Friend’
- From Mosques to Soccer Leagues: Inside the NYPDâs Secret Spy Unit Targeting Muslims, Activists
- When whites were presented with an argument against the death penalty or three strikes that emphasized the racial bias of the policy, they became more (not less) supportive of capital punishment and three strikes laws.
- Who’s surprised that people were racist and needed an explanation of how not to homogenize and trivialize culture on Dia de los Muertos?
- African-Americans More Likely To Receive Lower-Quality Kidneys, Study Finds
- Islamophobia towards (obviously innocent) paying customer: Garland restaurant contaminated her drink, Muslim woman says
- Famous actor Brandon T. Jackson is called racial slurs on his flight and told “I don’t care if you’re Obama’s son” then questioned by the police and restricted from flying and left alone to look for a hotel himself for being the victim of racism on US Airways
- Rob Brown, famous star of Treme is racially profiled and arrested at Macy’s for purchasing a watch with his own money and his own credit card and accused of fraud
- Kayla Philips tries to purchase a bag at Barney’s and is also accused of fraud at Barney’s because they didn’t believe she could afford it
- White people literally cannot emphasize with Black people’s pain and thus they are given less pain medication and little to no sympathy in painful situations.
Racism against White people does not exist. Me calling you a cracker might hurt your feelings but it could never oppress you. Was never used to oppress you. Your history is being Oppressor, not the oppressed.
Meanwhile you calling me a racial slur only enforces the engraved white is right superiority that is literally seeped in everything, from beauty standards to a human value and innocence. All around the world.
You have a million and one links provided for you. Now go learn.
Hi hello, no offence but this is almost complete bullshit.
*And to think otherwise is ignorant.
And it’s sad that I have to actually tell people of this.
LMAOOOOOO you shouldn’t be saying a goddamn thing because you’re ignorant as fuck.
But I just loveeee when White People jump on a post talkin bout SAVE THE WHITES WE Is OPPREssed and all they can fucking do is throw a fucking dictionary definition which was, mind you, WRITTEN by old ass fucking white people, and try to use it to negate all the fucking oppression and death we PoC face every fucking day on a social and systemic level whilst simultaneously ignoring all the fucking history and how our today is structured on the back of the past. Are you that pathetic that you think some vague incidents of a tourist being beaten up and a dictionary definition negates all of my sources above? Hell. Did you even look at a goddamn thing written above?! You didn’t. Cuz then you wouldn’t have the need to humiliate yourself on the internet. Like if you’d clicked one link, just one link, you woulda been a pinch less ignorant. But you’re being willfully ignorant because your white tears are more important that black and brown bodies who suffer all around the fucking world because of Whitey White oppression. Like face it. You have all the power EVERYWHERE.
Cuz it’s hard to see racism when you’re White.
Excuses White People Make:
- 28 Common Racist Attitudes and Behaviors Debunked
- White Inventor Argument
- What about the Irish?
- What about other European immigrants that experienced discrimination?
- Tone Policing*
Reverse Racism Debunked Resources:
- Reverse Racism, or How the Pot Got to Call the Kettle Black
- The Undergirding Factor is POWER: Toward an Understanding of Prejudice and Racism
- Prof. Robert Jensen Discusses Racism, White Supremacy and White Privilege
- Why there’s no such thing as “Reverse Racism”
- Examining the Myth of “Reverse Racism”
- Racism against white people does not exist.*
- Reverse Racism is Not Real PP*
Definition of Racism:
Bonus!!!1! A choice link from me to you
Like should I have even provided these links? You’re not gonna read them. So why bother? But really I don’t even give a fuck right now. You’re wrong and you’re irrelevant. Bye Ms. Privileged!
I’m just linking white folk to this from now on. Done.